August event

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
      Didn't I hear talk about another weekend in August? Do we have a date lined up? I'm going to see the grandkids in August and want to plan accordingly.

      Thanks,
      Kelly
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013

        > Didn't I hear talk about another weekend in August? Do we have a date
        lined up? I'm going to see the grandkids in August and want to plan
        accordingly.

        > Thanks,
        > Kelly

        I think the issue for setting a definitive date is heat in August and power
        (for A/C). Not sure what the deal is going to be with operations in August
        in general yet. Evan can confirm. We are running low on time, may have
        to push back.

        Either way I am going on vacation so I cant make the two weekends 17/18 and
        24/25. September 28/29 is VCF MW, so I will be unavail. then too.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
          >> I think the issue for setting a definitive date is heat in August and power (for A/C).

          It would be the same as last time: we'll collect a small amount of money from every attendee, which we'll put toward paying our share of energy use.

          Aug. 3/4 or 10/11 are good -- there's nothing else on the InfoAge calendar for the room that we use.

          But there's a big catch. The same timeframe * could * be when we must move our storage into a different H-building section down the hall. If so, then we'll need an army of helpers for a day or two. Unfortunately I don't have any more info yet.

          So, I suggest that we plan a workshop for Aug 3/4, and see what happens.
        • Kelly D. Leavitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
            > So, I suggest that we plan a workshop for Aug 3/4, and see what happens.
            If it happens that this is when we have to vacate, then workshop becomes moving time.

            Kelly