Replacing deteriorating foam

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2013
      All --

      I'm rehabbing the Centronics 737 printer I bought and the interior soundproofing foam is of course deteriorating. So, I bought a sheet of open-cell adhesive-backed foam from McMaster-Carr. $32 for a piece 48"x54"x1/4" (8614K72). Ok, this quantity of foam will last me the rest of my life, but it looks like it'll work just fine. They have many more shapes/sizes so I encourage all to check it out if you need replacement bulk foam.

      As an aside, the Atari 825 printer is a rebadged Centronics 737 printer so the ribbon is the same. Best Electronics has them for $6 (max. of two).Yea! I also have some ideas for re-inking using two foam paint rollers. Need to prototype this though. Still no info on an ink formula.

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers