RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: WD40 and printer ribbon

  • Wesley Furr
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 10, 2013
      I recall some spirited discussion in a vintage camera forum with regards to
      WD-40. I believe the leaving behind of residue being an issue there as
      well...not to mention the lightweight fluid possibly going where it
      shouldn't (optics, etc). If you're flushing and cleaning out mechanical
      things, the camera folks really like Ronsonol (what most lighter fluids are
      made of)...it apparently dries up and doesn't leave any residue behind.
      Thanks for the tip on sewing machine oil...I'll have to add that to my
      arsenal.

      Wesley