Re: [midatlanticretro] "Build a 32K RAM Board for the PDP-8/e" article published on Tronola.com

    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2013
      On 05/24/2013 05:13 PM, Stephen L wrote:
      > I'm pleased to announce that we have just published a new vintage computing
      > article on Tronola.com: "Build a 32K RAM Board for the PDP-8/e". You can read
      > it here:
      > http://www.tronola.com/html/ram_for_pdp-8e.html
      >
      > It includes a new look at interfacing memory to the Omnibus.
      >
      > -- Comments and corrections are welcome.

      Very, very nicely done!

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Stephen L
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2013
        >   Very, very nicely done!

        --- Thanks Dave! It's kind of you to say that.

        By the way, since the original airing, I heard about a remarkably similar project by Lou-N2MIY and Charles Dickman, so I added coverage of it to the end of the article. That led to discussion on the vintage-computer.com DEC forum and Lou's interesting trick of plugging a hex-wide board, directly into the 4-slot Omnibus! One fantasizes of adding an RL02 controller, FPP8A or even that 16K core board that keeps popping up on eBay :)

        Steve L.