Trenton's this weekend

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2006
      I just realized that most of our discussion about this weekend's 31st
      Trenton Computer Festival has been on the officers list. So, here begins
      the (very late) public discussion: who's coming to this show?

      We will have a small booth on the main exhibit floor. I don't know the
      booth number yet.

      I'm giving a talk about our hobby on both days. Bill D. will be there
      Saturday morning, Andy's attending on (which days?) ... For everyone else I
      am thoroughly confused about your plans (Jim, John?)... so please speak up
      now.

      More people usually attend on Saturday, but it's ** REALLY IMPORTANT ** that
      some people come on Sunday as well, so that I don't have to leave the booth
      unattended.

      If anyone wants to save some time and money, I'd be happy to split the cost
      of a local motel room Saturday night.

      For those who asked -- YES, we definitely want to have a few computers to
      demo! We will probably only have room for three or four at the most. I
      will definitely bring my Atari 2600 and Grid Compass 1101, and perhaps the
      IBM BellSouth Simon (I know, I know, it's vintageness is controversial --
      circa '93/'94 -- but it was first smartphone and people might find that
      cool.) Someone should bring a straightforward 70s/80s microcomputer -- a
      run-of-the-mill Commodore or Apple or Tandy would be fine.

      Fyi, the show's web site is
      http://www.tcf-nj.org/tcf/content/default/site/?permalink=Home.html.

      As we draw in general attendees to our booth, we'll hit them with the MARCH
      pitch and the VCF pitch. I'm printing flyers and stuff.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 18, 2006
        >>> If anyone wants to save some time and money, I'd be happy to split the cost of a local motel room Saturday night.

        Just made a reservation at the nearby Red Roof Inn (Rt. 1 South in Lawrenceville, NJ).  It's $115 for Saturday night and they have WiFi.  I booked a non-smoking room with two beds but we can make it a MARCH sleepover with a dozen people for all I care.  Bring your sleeping bags!

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 18, 2006
          Don't molest me.  All I ask.  hehehehe.  I'll think about it.

          >>> If anyone wants to save some time and money, I'd be happy to split the cost of a local motel room Saturday night.

          Just made a reservation at the nearby Red Roof Inn (Rt. 1 South in Lawrenceville, NJ).  It's $115 for Saturday night and they have WiFi.  I booked a non-smoking room with two beds but we can make it a MARCH sleepover with a dozen people for all I care.  Bring your sleeping bags!

          I just realized that most of our discussion about this weekend's 31st
          Trenton Computer Festival has been on the officers list.  So, here begins
          the (very late) public discussion: who's coming to this show?

          We will have a small booth on the main exhibit floor.  I don't know the
          booth number yet.

          I'm giving a talk about our hobby on both days.  Bill D. will be there
          Saturday morning, Andy's attending on (which days?) ... For everyone else I
          am thoroughly confused about your plans (Jim, John?)... so please speak up
          now.

          More people usually attend on Saturday, but it's ** REALLY IMPORTANT ** that
          some people come on Sunday as well, so that I don't have to leave the booth
          unattended.

          If anyone wants to save some time and money, I'd be happy to split the cost
          of a local motel room Saturday night.

          For those who asked -- YES, we definitely want to have a few computers to
          demo!  We will probably only have room for three or four at the most.  I
          will definitely bring my Atari 2600 and Grid Compass 1101, and perhaps the
          IBM BellSouth Simon (I know, I know, it's vintageness is controversial --
          circa '93/'94 -- but it was first smartphone and people might find that
          cool.)  Someone should bring a straightforward 70s/80s microcomputer -- a
          run-of-the-mill Commodore or Apple or Tandy would be fine.

          Fyi, the show's web site is
          http://www.tcf-nj.org/tcf/content/default/site/?permalink=Home.html.

          As we draw in general attendees to our booth, we'll hit them with the MARCH
          pitch and the VCF pitch.  I'm printing flyers and stuff.

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --
          Jeff Frady, http://www.fradycomputing.com/legodude522
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 18, 2006
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > I just realized that most of our discussion about this weekend's 31st
            > Trenton Computer Festival has been on the officers list. So, here begins
            > the (very late) public discussion: who's coming to this show?

            I just got my two-day pass yesterday so I plan to be there both days....

            > We will have a small booth on the main exhibit floor. I don't know the
            > booth number yet.
            >
            > I'm giving a talk about our hobby on both days. Bill D. will be there
            > Saturday morning, Andy's attending on (which days?) ... For everyone else I
            > am thoroughly confused about your plans (Jim, John?)... so please speak up
            > now.

            I wouldn't mind seeing your talk one of the days.

            > More people usually attend on Saturday, but it's ** REALLY IMPORTANT ** that
            > some people come on Sunday as well, so that I don't have to leave the booth
            > unattended.

            I will be there Sunday to help!

            > If anyone wants to save some time and money, I'd be happy to split the cost
            > of a local motel room Saturday night.

            This sounds like an idea... No worrys about driving home Sat night! :)

            > For those who asked -- YES, we definitely want to have a few computers to
            > demo! We will probably only have room for three or four at the most. I
            > will definitely bring my Atari 2600 and Grid Compass 1101, and perhaps the
            > IBM BellSouth Simon (I know, I know, it's vintageness is controversial --
            > circa '93/'94 -- but it was first smartphone and people might find that
            > cool.) Someone should bring a straightforward 70s/80s microcomputer -- a
            > run-of-the-mill Commodore or Apple or Tandy would be fine.

            I *believe* I have a C64 and a few other bits (Super CPU, modified power
            supply, IDE64, ...) in a closet I can dig through. I will go through it
            tomorrow. I don't have a monitor handy, though.

            > Fyi, the show's web site is
            > http://www.tcf-nj.org/tcf/content/default/site/?permalink=Home.html.
            >
            > As we draw in general attendees to our booth, we'll hit them with the MARCH
            > pitch and the VCF pitch. I'm printing flyers and stuff.

            Cheers,

            Bryan
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 18, 2006
              Sounds good on all fronts, Bryan.

              >> I wouldn't mind seeing your talk one of the days

              You probably won't learn much.  The talk will be geared for hobby newbies.

              href="http://www.tcf-nj.org/tcf/content/default/site/?permalink=Home.html.">http://www.tcf-nj.org/tcf/content/default/site/?permalink=Home.html.

              As we draw in general attendees to our booth, we'll hit them with the MARCH
              > pitch and the VCF pitch.  I'm printing flyers and
              stuff.

              Cheers,

              Bryan

            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 20, 2006
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                Sounds good on all fronts, Bryan.

                I believe I have found all the bits (except a monitor, but it looks there is one deeper in my storage unit that I may be able to retrieve without too much danger of heavy objects falling on me...)  - a C64, SuperCPU, my heavy-duty power supply, joysticks, games (will check to make sure they work tonight), IDE64, Retro-Replay + RR-Net and lots of blank floppies.  I also found a bunch of Atari 2600 carts which I could bring..  Do you have the double paddles and driving paddle?  I have both but IIRC the last time I used them they weren't as accurate as you would want them to be.

                >> I wouldn't mind seeing your talk one of the days

                You probably won't learn much.  The talk will be geared for hobby newbies.
                Okay...

                Cheers,

                Bryan

              • Jeffrey Frady
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 20, 2006
                  Hey, don't be expecting me to go.  Unfortunatly I can't make it.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 20, 2006
                    Bryan, just the Commodore items would be fine.  Some real apps would be nice as well, but not games -- we don't want people to think we are game-centric.

                    For the Atari, I do have both kinds of paddles, but for simplicity's sake I will just bring two or three of the most common games.  Perhaps things like Space Invaders, Pac-Man, and Breakout.  I don't want to have to keep track of them.

                    The show starts at 10AM Saturday so I'll probably arrive around 9-ish (not much to set up).

                    Andy -- as I said before, just call me when you arrive and I'll bring over your guest pass.  Although since we're in the same room as last year, if I recall, you can get into that area without going through where the registration book was located.

                    I believe I have found all the bits (except a monitor, but it looks there is one deeper in my storage unit that I may be able to retrieve without too much danger of heavy objects falling on me...)  - a C64, SuperCPU, my heavy-duty power supply, joysticks, games (will check to make sure they work tonight), IDE64, Retro-Replay + RR-Net and lots of blank floppies.  I also found a bunch of Atari 2600 carts which I could bring..  Do you have the double paddles and driving paddle?  I have both but IIRC the last time I used them they weren't as accurate as you would want them to be.

                    >> I wouldn't mind seeing your talk one of the days

                    You probably won't learn much.  The talk will be geared for hobby newbies.
                    Okay...

                    Cheers,

                    Bryan

                  • ysgdhio
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 21, 2006
                      I expect to be there both days. I'll think I'll skip the "sleep over".

                      It's supposed to rain all weekend, so
                      I'll probably bring some sort of machine to play with.

                      Andy