Re: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: [VoIP] Hunt for the oldest microwave system

  • Cory Smelosky
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2013
      On Fri, 24 May 2013, Matt Patoray wrote:

      > An interesting tech tidbit from another list.
      >
      > Matt
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > Begin forwarded message:
      >
      > From: Rick Walsh <wepbx@...>
      > Date: May 24, 2013, 5:49:35 PM EDT
      > To: Voice Over IP Tandem for Analog Switches <voip@...>
      > Subject: [VoIP] Hunt for the oldest microwave system
      >
      > This may be of interest to some:
      >
      > http://blog.aviatnetworks.com/2013/04/05/possibly-the-worlds-oldest-microwave-link-still-in-service/
      >

      > Rick Walsh

      I wonder if any of AT&T's old long-lines microwave links are still
      operational using some old tech...

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2013
        Guys, remember to use our "OT:" subject line prefix for any messages not related to vintage computing or club topics.
      • Matt Patoray
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24, 2013
          It is about computers it talks about the link being a data link.

          The AT&T relay system moved voice/video/data.

          So it is on topic.

          Sent from my iPhone