"Build a 32K RAM Board for the PDP-8/e" article published on Tronola.com

  • Stephen L
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2013
      Hi folks,

      I'm pleased to announce that we have just published a new vintage computing article on Tronola.com: "Build a 32K RAM Board for the PDP-8/e". You can read it here:
      http://www.tronola.com/html/ram_for_pdp-8e.html

      It includes a new look at interfacing memory to the Omnibus.

      -- Comments and corrections are welcome.

      Thanks,
      Steve Lafferty
      http://www.tronola.com/index.html
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2013
        On 05/24/2013 05:13 PM, Stephen L wrote:
        > I'm pleased to announce that we have just published a new vintage computing
        > article on Tronola.com: "Build a 32K RAM Board for the PDP-8/e". You can read
        > it here:
        > http://www.tronola.com/html/ram_for_pdp-8e.html
        >
        > It includes a new look at interfacing memory to the Omnibus.
        >
        > -- Comments and corrections are welcome.

        Very, very nicely done!

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Stephen L
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2013
          >   Very, very nicely done!

          --- Thanks Dave! It's kind of you to say that.

          By the way, since the original airing, I heard about a remarkably similar project by Lou-N2MIY and Charles Dickman, so I added coverage of it to the end of the article. That led to discussion on the vintage-computer.com DEC forum and Lou's interesting trick of plugging a hex-wide board, directly into the 4-slot Omnibus! One fantasizes of adding an RL02 controller, FPP8A or even that 16K core board that keeps popping up on eBay :)

          Steve L.