Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: WRT VMS: The Gray/Grey Wall

    Message 1 of 15 , May 24, 2013
      On 05/24/2013 04:17 PM, s100doctor wrote:
      >>> Well, we don't know where in Ohio the documentation resides.
      >>
      > Just a note about shipping: nothing's cheaper than "media mail". The
      > Postal Service accepts books, diskettes, tapes for Media Mail rates.
      > But NOT magazines or anything with advertizing in it. I've had good
      > luck shipping that way.

      A VMS manual set consists of DOZENS of large three-ring binders.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 15 , May 24, 2013
        "s100doctor" <hjohnson@...> writes:

        >> >Well, we don't know where in Ohio the documentation resides.
        >> >
        >Just a note about shipping: nothing's cheaper than "media mail". The Postal=
        > Service accepts books, diskettes, tapes for Media Mail rates. But NOT maga=
        >zines or anything with advertizing in it. I've had good luck shipping that =
        >way.

        I believe they'd have to be sent separately though.

        I'm still trying to ascertain where the set is physically located. I just
        got off the phone with the fellow who relayed this to me. It might be in
        Traverse City, Mich. and not in Ohio. Anyway, UPS or FedEx ground might be
        the better way get this stuff. I would put $100 up for the delivery costs.
        Somebody just needs to decide that they'll take delivery for MARCH.

      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 15 , May 24, 2013
          Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

          >--d2jtu6YkH7t1ayT0EjeQ1Q6-SiQs6OGB80fbmuf

          >> Just a note about shipping: nothing's cheaper than "media mail". The
          >> Postal Service accepts books, diskettes, tapes for Media Mail rates.
          >> But NOT magazines or anything with advertizing in it. I've had good
          >> luck shipping that way.
          >
          > A VMS manual set consists of DOZENS of large three-ring binders.

          Yup! Roughly 20 in the programmer references, and a dozen each in the user
          and management references.

          http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mV15GOZIvsvr7PKKTvTVFPw.jpg