Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Merlin Phone systems

  • Ben Greenfield
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24, 2013
      Hey Kelly,

      I'm a little insterested where is it?

      Thanks,

      Ben

      On May 24, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:

      Sorry for the OT traffic. Anyone on the list into phone systems and interested in a Merlin Magix system with about 50 desk sets and a voice mail option?

      Contact me off list or point me in the right direction. I'd hate to throw this away if anyone near by could use it.

      Kelly

    • rahwayflynn
      Message 2 of 8 , May 24, 2013
        Kelly,
        InfoAge itself likely can make use of it. Where is the system located?

        Message 3 of 8 , May 24, 2013
          > Sorry for the OT traffic. Anyone on the list into phone systems and interested in a Merlin Magix system with about 50 desk sets and a voice mail option?
          > Contact me off list or point me in the right direction. I'd hate to throw this away if anyone near by could use it.
          > Kelly

          I used to have a few Legend systems and an original Merlin. It's odd that
          with all the high tech stuff the analog lines and Merlin MLX-10D or 12D or
          whatever they were sounded better than all these modern high priced
          systems.

          The Magix was the pinnacle of the Legend system IIRC. It could do some
          VoIP and other stuff (Although I had my Legend doing VoIP via analog
          connects.)

          Good stuff.

          I tried to find a 5ESS switch for our hackerspace but was never able to. I
          think I have the contact now to catch one if it's surplused but they're
          still in service. And the hackerspace is gone.
          Message 4 of 8 , May 24, 2013
            On 05/24/2013 01:31 PM, telmnstr@... wrote:
            > I tried to find a 5ESS switch for our hackerspace but was never able to. I
            > think I have the contact now to catch one if it's surplused but they're
            > still in service. And the hackerspace is gone.

            If one pops up near me that you don't want for yourself, I will make room
            for it here.

            Shame about the hackerspace. :-(

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Kelly D. Leavitt
            Message 5 of 8 , May 24, 2013
              It is in Lafayette, NJ. Supports up to 12 incoming pots lines and 50 or so extensions. Is InfoAge a registered non-profit?

              _____

              From: Ben Greenfield <ben@...>
              Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 13:09:48 -0400
              To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

              Hey Kelly,

              I'm a little insterested where is it?

              Thanks,

              Ben

              On May 24, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:

              Sorry for the OT traffic. Anyone on the list into phone systems and interested in a Merlin Magix system with about 50 desk sets and a voice mail option?

              Contact me off list or point me in the right direction. I'd hate to throw this away if anyone near by could use it.

              Kelly

              _____

              No virus found in this message.
            • Kelly D. Leavitt
              Message 6 of 8 , May 24, 2013
                That was supposed to be off list. If InfoAge wants it, I have approval to donate it to them.

                Kelly

                Message 7 of 8 , May 24, 2013
                  >> Is InfoAge a registered non-profit?

                  Yes, it's a 501c3.