Re: [midatlanticretro] WRT VMS: The Gray/Grey Wall

    Message 1 of 15 , May 23, 2013
      If noone else can save it, I will take it...so if someone will definitely
      get it, please inform the list. Due primarily to classiccmp-style
      curmudgeons, COMPLETE sets are becoming very difficult to find.

      And speaking of Gray Walls, I have two incomplete sets here...since they're
      already incomplete, I don't mind breaking them up further. If anyone has an
      almost-complete set, send me your "missing" list and I'll see if I can fill
      it. Cost of shipping, of course.

      -Dave

      --
      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
      Message 2 of 15 , May 23, 2013
        On Thu, 23 May 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        >>> Awesome. I pinged Matt P., who lives in Youngstown, but I know zilch
        >>> about your state's geography. :)
        >>>

        >> That's a bit too far out for me. It'd be difficult to get a ride to
        >> somewhere 3 hours away.
        >>

        > Well, we don't know where in Ohio the documentation resides.

        Oh. Right! Read a bit too quickly. ;)

        > Brian: Please email me off-list with the contact info. Cory S.: I'll let
        > you know when I find out the location.

        Thank you.

        Cory Smelosky
        http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
        http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments
      • Matt Patoray
        Message 3 of 15 , May 23, 2013
          Brian,

          I tried to email you off list but the mail got bounced back.

          Where is all this located?

          Matt

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 15 , May 23, 2013
            Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

            >---oyXLYA-OHnxGDHjg5xn8wplowawa6orZ2Rzk4B

            >>> Awesome. I pinged Matt P., who lives in Youngstown, but I know zilch
            >>> about your state's geography. :)
            >>>

            >> That's a bit too far out for me. It'd be difficult to get a ride to
            >> somewhere 3 hours away.
            >>

            >Well, we don't know where in Ohio the documentation resides.
            >
            >Brian: Please email me off-list with the contact info. Cory S.: I'll let
            >you know when I find out the location.

            Wilco. I was contacted last evening about 21:00. I'll try to get the
            location this evening and pass it along.

          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 15 , May 23, 2013
              Matt Patoray <mspproductions@...> writes:

              >Brian,
              >
              >I tried to email you off list but the mail got bounced back.

              FYI, if you are using a sign-n-drive email like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.
              my SMTP server has been instructed to reject it. There's just too too much
              abuse of these services. Either use the .ORG version or put [PASS:VAXman]
              somewhere in the subject line (that's a special passkey).

              >Where is all this located?

              Ohio. I know the fellow with it but not the particular city address. I'll
              get that this evening and pass it along to Evan as I believe he'd like this
              for the museum.

            • s100doctor
              Message 6 of 15 , May 24, 2013

                > >Well, we don't know where in Ohio the documentation resides.

                Just a note about shipping: nothing's cheaper than "media mail". The Postal Service accepts books, diskettes, tapes for Media Mail rates. But NOT magazines or anything with advertizing in it. I've had good luck shipping that way.

                Herb Johnson
                Message 7 of 15 , May 24, 2013
                  On 05/24/2013 04:17 PM, s100doctor wrote:
                  >>> Well, we don't know where in Ohio the documentation resides.
                  >>
                  > Just a note about shipping: nothing's cheaper than "media mail". The
                  > Postal Service accepts books, diskettes, tapes for Media Mail rates.
                  > But NOT magazines or anything with advertizing in it. I've had good
                  > luck shipping that way.

                  A VMS manual set consists of DOZENS of large three-ring binders.

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  New Kensington, PA
                • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 24, 2013
                    "s100doctor" <hjohnson@...> writes:

                    >> >Well, we don't know where in Ohio the documentation resides.
                    >> >
                    >Just a note about shipping: nothing's cheaper than "media mail". The Postal=
                    > Service accepts books, diskettes, tapes for Media Mail rates. But NOT maga=
                    >zines or anything with advertizing in it. I've had good luck shipping that =
                    >way.

                    I believe they'd have to be sent separately though.

                    I'm still trying to ascertain where the set is physically located. I just
                    got off the phone with the fellow who relayed this to me. It might be in
                    Traverse City, Mich. and not in Ohio. Anyway, UPS or FedEx ground might be
                    the better way get this stuff. I would put $100 up for the delivery costs.
                    Somebody just needs to decide that they'll take delivery for MARCH.

                  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 24, 2013
                      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                      >--d2jtu6YkH7t1ayT0EjeQ1Q6-SiQs6OGB80fbmuf

                      >> Just a note about shipping: nothing's cheaper than "media mail". The
                      >> Postal Service accepts books, diskettes, tapes for Media Mail rates.
                      >> But NOT magazines or anything with advertizing in it. I've had good
                      >> luck shipping that way.
                      >
                      > A VMS manual set consists of DOZENS of large three-ring binders.

                      Yup! Roughly 20 in the programmer references, and a dozen each in the user
                      and management references.

                      http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mV15GOZIvsvr7PKKTvTVFPw.jpg