Re: [midatlanticretro] my little part of the weekend

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2013

      On May 21, 2013, at 7:18 PM, "Jeff Jonas" <jeff_s_jonas@...> wrote:

      Who was using the HP 64110A logic analyzer?
      I didn't notice any pods, probes or disks for it.

      Guilty.

      MARCH has a Z80 pod in the shelving area where the other HP64000 gear was located. It's reasonable to assume that the requisite controllers are present in either the 64110A portable or 64100A units, although I did not check. If not, I may have a spare here.

      The 64110A comes up OK in its diagnostic mode but I could not boot it up as the drives are gummed up. Not hard to clean, but tricky to get out. That's a job for another tech weekend.

      I have a reasonable library of HP64000 software at home and I plan on providing boot diskettes and Z80 software to MARCH if there's any interest.

      It's worth noting that even though the HP64000 was an in-circuit emulator and logic analyzer, it was also a development system in its own right. It supported a large number of target devices through compilers, assemblers and cross-assemblers. Whilst it may not be a good fit as an exhibit, it could be a useful but elderly tool to wheel out on technical days.