Re: [midatlanticretro] DEC MMJ

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2013
      Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> writes:

      >> Anybody have some DEC Modified Modular Jack (MMJ) serial adapters? I have
      >> the MMJ cable and a MicroVAX that needs it for the console, but I need to
      >> plug it into a 'normal' DB25 or DB9 serial port.

      I have hundreds of MMJ plugs and only need 6-conductor flat cable to produce
      them. I used to buy it by the spool but now, for the occasional request for
      one, I buy the 25' 6-wire phone extension at the local Radio-crap-Shack and
      cut off the RJ-12s. I also have the crimping tool dies to put the MMJ ends
      on the cable, so if you want actual MMJ cabling, let me know.

    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 6 , May 21, 2013
        tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> writes:

        >I tried replying to your personal address, but the email bounced. Is that
        >as you want it? How shall I contact you privately?

        I don't blindly permit "sign-n-drive" accounts to SPAM me. (ie. hotmail,
        gmail, yahoo, etc.). Your @gmail addy is now on my whitelist. Also, if
        and when in doubt, substitute .ORG for .COM. ;)