Re: [midatlanticretro] QBus Serial Console

    Message 1 of 6 , May 20 11:47 AM
      On 05/20/2013 02:36 PM, David Riley wrote:
      >> > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
      >> > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
      >> > serial console on my PDP-11/73.
      >>
      >> Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
      >> for it. (no spares of those)
      >>

      > Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just
      > swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

      The ones I had in mind (because I have the most spares of them) are
      single-port boards, 40-pin Berg, but I do have a bunch of DLV11-Js as well..

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • tedheadster
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20 11:51 AM
        The suspect device is a DLV11-J with a four port ribbon cable and Berg connector. I would suspect the board is bad and not the cable, though I honestly didn't think to swap one of the ports in case that part of the cable was bad.

        - Matthew