Re: [midatlanticretro] QBus Serial Console

  • David Riley
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2013
      On May 20, 2013, at 14:25, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 05/20/2013 02:20 PM, tedheadster wrote:
      > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
      > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
      > serial console on my PDP-11/73.

      Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
      for it. (no spares of those)

      Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

      - Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2013
        On 05/20/2013 02:36 PM, David Riley wrote:
        >> > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
        >> > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
        >> > serial console on my PDP-11/73.
        >>
        >> Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
        >> for it. (no spares of those)
        >>

        > Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just
        > swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

        The ones I had in mind (because I have the most spares of them) are
        single-port boards, 40-pin Berg, but I do have a bunch of DLV11-Js as well..

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • tedheadster
        Message 3 of 6 , May 20, 2013
          The suspect device is a DLV11-J with a four port ribbon cable and Berg connector. I would suspect the board is bad and not the cable, though I honestly didn't think to swap one of the ports in case that part of the cable was bad.

          - Matthew