Re: [midatlanticretro] QBus Serial Console

  • David Riley
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20 11:28 AM
      On May 20, 2013, at 2:20 PM, tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

      > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a serial console on my PDP-11/73.

      I know I have at least a quad one that'll do the console CSR on one of the ports, but I have a dual one that I'd rather lend out/sell if it fits the bill. Let me see if I can find the docs for it (it's a third party DLV11J/2, but I don't know if the switches are standard or not) and I'll be glad to send it off. GIven that I think it came out of a small LSI-11, it probably does the trick, but it would be better to be sure.

      Where are you located?

      - Dave
    • David Riley
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20 11:36 AM
        On May 20, 2013, at 14:25, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

        On 05/20/2013 02:20 PM, tedheadster wrote:
        > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
        > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
        > serial console on my PDP-11/73.

        Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
        for it. (no spares of those)

        Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

        - Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , May 20 11:47 AM
          On 05/20/2013 02:36 PM, David Riley wrote:
          >> > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
          >> > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
          >> > serial console on my PDP-11/73.
          >>
          >> Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
          >> for it. (no spares of those)
          >>

          > Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just
          > swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

          The ones I had in mind (because I have the most spares of them) are
          single-port boards, 40-pin Berg, but I do have a bunch of DLV11-Js as well..

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • tedheadster
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20 11:51 AM
            The suspect device is a DLV11-J with a four port ribbon cable and Berg connector. I would suspect the board is bad and not the cable, though I honestly didn't think to swap one of the ports in case that part of the cable was bad.

            - Matthew