Re: [midatlanticretro] QBus Serial Console

    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2013
      On 05/20/2013 02:20 PM, tedheadster wrote:
      > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
      > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
      > serial console on my PDP-11/73.

      Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
      for it. (no spares of those)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Riley
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2013
        On May 20, 2013, at 2:20 PM, tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

        > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a serial console on my PDP-11/73.

        I know I have at least a quad one that'll do the console CSR on one of the ports, but I have a dual one that I'd rather lend out/sell if it fits the bill. Let me see if I can find the docs for it (it's a third party DLV11J/2, but I don't know if the switches are standard or not) and I'll be glad to send it off. GIven that I think it came out of a small LSI-11, it probably does the trick, but it would be better to be sure.

        Where are you located?

        - Dave
      • David Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , May 20, 2013
          On May 20, 2013, at 14:25, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

          On 05/20/2013 02:20 PM, tedheadster wrote:
          > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
          > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
          > serial console on my PDP-11/73.

          Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
          for it. (no spares of those)

          Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

          - Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2013
            On 05/20/2013 02:36 PM, David Riley wrote:
            >> > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
            >> > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
            >> > serial console on my PDP-11/73.
            >>
            >> Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
            >> for it. (no spares of those)
            >>

            > Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just
            > swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

            The ones I had in mind (because I have the most spares of them) are
            single-port boards, 40-pin Berg, but I do have a bunch of DLV11-Js as well..

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • tedheadster
            Message 5 of 6 , May 20, 2013
              The suspect device is a DLV11-J with a four port ribbon cable and Berg connector. I would suspect the board is bad and not the cable, though I honestly didn't think to swap one of the ports in case that part of the cable was bad.

              - Matthew