QBus Serial Console

  • tedheadster
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2013
      Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a serial console on my PDP-11/73.

      Matthew W

      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2013
        On 05/20/2013 02:20 PM, tedheadster wrote:
        > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
        > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
        > serial console on my PDP-11/73.

        Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
        for it. (no spares of those)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • David Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , May 20, 2013
          On May 20, 2013, at 2:20 PM, tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

          > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a serial console on my PDP-11/73.

          I know I have at least a quad one that'll do the console CSR on one of the ports, but I have a dual one that I'd rather lend out/sell if it fits the bill. Let me see if I can find the docs for it (it's a third party DLV11J/2, but I don't know if the switches are standard or not) and I'll be glad to send it off. GIven that I think it came out of a small LSI-11, it probably does the trick, but it would be better to be sure.

          Where are you located?

          - Dave
        • David Riley
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2013
            On May 20, 2013, at 14:25, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

            On 05/20/2013 02:20 PM, tedheadster wrote:
            > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
            > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
            > serial console on my PDP-11/73.

            Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
            for it. (no spares of those)

            Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

            - Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , May 20, 2013
              On 05/20/2013 02:36 PM, David Riley wrote:
              >> > Does anybody have a QBus serial card that can function as a console with
              >> > CSR at 17777560? My cpu and memory check out fine, but I cannot get a
              >> > serial console on my PDP-11/73.
              >>
              >> Yes, I can shoot you one...send me your address. You'll need a cable
              >> for it. (no spares of those)
              >>

              > Easy to make if you have PC panel-mount serial cables, though... Just
              > swap some pins on the DB25/DE9 end.

              The ones I had in mind (because I have the most spares of them) are
              single-port boards, 40-pin Berg, but I do have a bunch of DLV11-Js as well..

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • tedheadster
              Message 6 of 6 , May 20, 2013
                The suspect device is a DLV11-J with a four port ribbon cable and Berg connector. I would suspect the board is bad and not the cable, though I honestly didn't think to swap one of the ports in case that part of the cable was bad.

                - Matthew