Re: [midatlanticretro] RL02 Emulator

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2013
      On Sat, 18 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On 05/18/2013 01:21 AM, DougCrawford wrote:
      >> I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
      >> http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html
      >
      > This is fantastic, amazing work.
      >
      > It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
      > getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
      > approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
      > the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)

      Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
      HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
      I'd buy one. :-) Or two.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2013
        On 05/18/2013 03:08 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
        >>> I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
        >>> http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html
        >>
        >> This is fantastic, amazing work.
        >>
        >> It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
        >> getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
        >> approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
        >> the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)
        >
        > Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
        > HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
        > I'd buy one. :-) Or two.

        As I just got another 21MX (this one not having been destroyed by
        mouse piss), that is climbing on the priority list. When I come up for
        air, perhaps you'd be willing to help me get that system running?

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2013
          On Sun, 19 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

          >>> This is fantastic, amazing work.
          >>>
          >>> It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
          >>> getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
          >>> approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
          >>> the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)
          >>
          >> Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
          >> HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
          >> I'd buy one. :-) Or two.
          >
          > As I just got another 21MX (this one not having been destroyed by
          > mouse piss), that is climbing on the priority list. When I come up for
          > air, perhaps you'd be willing to help me get that system running?

          Definitely. I want to put in some more time on mine, as well. What's
          the configuration on your (new) system?

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...