Re: [midatlanticretro] RL02 Emulator

    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2013
      On 05/18/2013 01:21 AM, DougCrawford wrote:
      > I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
      > http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html

      This is fantastic, amazing work.

      It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
      getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
      approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out to
      the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)

      I wonder if the guy is going to design a real board for this.

      Awesome work.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2013
        On Sat, 18 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > On 05/18/2013 01:21 AM, DougCrawford wrote:
        >> I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
        >> http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html
        >
        > This is fantastic, amazing work.
        >
        > It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
        > getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
        > approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
        > the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)

        Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
        HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
        I'd buy one. :-) Or two.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2013
          On 05/18/2013 03:08 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
          >>> I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
          >>> http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html
          >>
          >> This is fantastic, amazing work.
          >>
          >> It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
          >> getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
          >> approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
          >> the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)
          >
          > Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
          > HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
          > I'd buy one. :-) Or two.

          As I just got another 21MX (this one not having been destroyed by
          mouse piss), that is climbing on the priority list. When I come up for
          air, perhaps you'd be willing to help me get that system running?

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2013
            On Sun, 19 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

            >>> This is fantastic, amazing work.
            >>>
            >>> It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
            >>> getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
            >>> approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
            >>> the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)
            >>
            >> Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
            >> HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
            >> I'd buy one. :-) Or two.
            >
            > As I just got another 21MX (this one not having been destroyed by
            > mouse piss), that is climbing on the priority list. When I come up for
            > air, perhaps you'd be willing to help me get that system running?

            Definitely. I want to put in some more time on mine, as well. What's
            the configuration on your (new) system?

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...