RL02 Emulator

  • DougCrawford
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2013
      I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
      http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2013
        On 05/18/2013 01:21 AM, DougCrawford wrote:
        > I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
        > http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html

        This is fantastic, amazing work.

        It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
        getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
        approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out to
        the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)

        I wonder if the guy is going to design a real board for this.

        Awesome work.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2013
          On Sat, 18 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

          > On 05/18/2013 01:21 AM, DougCrawford wrote:
          >> I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
          >> http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html
          >
          > This is fantastic, amazing work.
          >
          > It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
          > getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
          > approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
          > the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)

          Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
          HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
          I'd buy one. :-) Or two.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2013
            On 05/18/2013 03:08 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
            >>> I guess you DEC boys have been waiting for this:
            >>> http://www.pdp11gy.com/doneE.html
            >>
            >> This is fantastic, amazing work.
            >>
            >> It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
            >> getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
            >> approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
            >> the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)
            >
            > Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
            > HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
            > I'd buy one. :-) Or two.

            As I just got another 21MX (this one not having been destroyed by
            mouse piss), that is climbing on the priority list. When I come up for
            air, perhaps you'd be willing to help me get that system running?

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2013
              On Sun, 19 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

              >>> This is fantastic, amazing work.
              >>>
              >>> It's also a bit disappointing, because I'm about 1/3 of the way toward
              >>> getting the exact same thing working. I have it mostly working (same
              >>> approach, similar style of interfacing) with an RX02, then branched out
              >>> the RL interface. I guess I can stop that part of the project at least. ;)
              >>
              >> Last year you mentioned that you might be interested in designing a
              >> HP-IB drive emulator, with functionality similar to the HPDrive software.
              >> I'd buy one. :-) Or two.
              >
              > As I just got another 21MX (this one not having been destroyed by
              > mouse piss), that is climbing on the priority list. When I come up for
              > air, perhaps you'd be willing to help me get that system running?

              Definitely. I want to put in some more time on mine, as well. What's
              the configuration on your (new) system?

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...