Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Stuff for trade tomorrow...

    Message 1 of 7 , May 17, 2013
      On 05/17/2013 11:03 PM, hornbetw wrote:
      >>> One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
      >>> early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
      >>
      >> Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date
      >> codes are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed
      >> east. If you don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check
      >> date codes...a DIP is easy to drop in the mail.
      >>
      >> -Dave
      >>
      >> -- Dave McGuire, AK4HZ New Kensington, PA
      >>
      > I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used
      > on the joystick port I think.

      Ahhhh. Well he said A/D converter, and I know I have a bunch of Analog
      Devices AD558s...which, upon further thought, are D/A converters anyway, not
      A/D converters!

      At any rate, I do have one or two NE558, but I don't know offhand where
      they are at the moment. Sorry Cory!

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2013
        I think your right. Next times need to pull my glasses out to read the letters on the chip or look at the schematic.

        When i was figuring out what i needed, I just put "558 IC" into my eBay app on my phone and got back it was something different than just a quad timer.

        I guess now I maybe able to find one with the correct date.

        Sometimes technology doesn't make it easier it creates work or confuses you.

        Thanks,
        Corey