Re: Stuff for trade tomorrow...

  • hornbetw
    Message 1 of 7 , May 17, 2013

      > On 05/17/2013 09:37 AM, corey986 wrote:
      > > One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
      > > early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
      >
      > Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date codes
      > are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed east. If you
      > don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check date codes...a DIP is
      > easy to drop in the mail.
      >
      > -Dave
      >
      > --
      > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > New Kensington, PA

      I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used on the joystick port I think.

      Tom
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2013
        On 05/17/2013 11:03 PM, hornbetw wrote:
        >>> One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
        >>> early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
        >>
        >> Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date
        >> codes are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed
        >> east. If you don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check
        >> date codes...a DIP is easy to drop in the mail.
        >>
        >> -Dave
        >>
        >> -- Dave McGuire, AK4HZ New Kensington, PA
        >>
        > I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used
        > on the joystick port I think.

        Ahhhh. Well he said A/D converter, and I know I have a bunch of Analog
        Devices AD558s...which, upon further thought, are D/A converters anyway, not
        A/D converters!

        At any rate, I do have one or two NE558, but I don't know offhand where
        they are at the moment. Sorry Cory!

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • corey986
        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2013
          I think your right. Next times need to pull my glasses out to read the letters on the chip or look at the schematic.

          When i was figuring out what i needed, I just put "558 IC" into my eBay app on my phone and got back it was something different than just a quad timer.

          I guess now I maybe able to find one with the correct date.

          Sometimes technology doesn't make it easier it creates work or confuses you.

          Thanks,
          Corey