Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Stuff for trade tomorrow...

    Message 1 of 7 , May 17, 2013
      >> I'm losing track of the Corey's on the list!

      Corey C. is the Apple (and S-100) guy. Been here for a while now. Cory S. is the newb. :)
    • hornbetw
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2013

        > On 05/17/2013 09:37 AM, corey986 wrote:
        > > One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
        > > early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
        >
        > Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date codes
        > are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed east. If you
        > don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check date codes...a DIP is
        > easy to drop in the mail.
        >
        > -Dave
        >
        > --
        > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        > New Kensington, PA

        I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used on the joystick port I think.

        Tom
        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2013
          On 05/17/2013 11:03 PM, hornbetw wrote:
          >>> One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
          >>> early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
          >>
          >> Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date
          >> codes are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed
          >> east. If you don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check
          >> date codes...a DIP is easy to drop in the mail.
          >>
          >> -Dave
          >>
          >> -- Dave McGuire, AK4HZ New Kensington, PA
          >>
          > I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used
          > on the joystick port I think.

          Ahhhh. Well he said A/D converter, and I know I have a bunch of Analog
          Devices AD558s...which, upon further thought, are D/A converters anyway, not
          A/D converters!

          At any rate, I do have one or two NE558, but I don't know offhand where
          they are at the moment. Sorry Cory!

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • corey986
          Message 4 of 7 , May 17, 2013
            I think your right. Next times need to pull my glasses out to read the letters on the chip or look at the schematic.

            When i was figuring out what i needed, I just put "558 IC" into my eBay app on my phone and got back it was something different than just a quad timer.

            I guess now I maybe able to find one with the correct date.

            Sometimes technology doesn't make it easier it creates work or confuses you.

            Thanks,
            Corey