Re: Stuff for trade tomorrow...

  • jack99rubin
    Message 1 of 7 , May 17, 2013

      > I still have to go though what I am bringing to trade or sale or whatever,
      >
      > But I expect to bring a bunch of s100 cards (I.e. disk controller, Winchester controller, static ram and stuff like that)
      >
      > But what I know I will bring is a 6502 S100 CPU card from 1975/76, hayes micro modem for apple II, misc apple II printer cards and a few other items like that. Basically I need to clear out some shelves of cards that are just sitting around doing nothing that I don't really need.
      >
      > One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Corey

      I'm losing track of the Corey's on the list! I'm very interested in learning more about the S100 6502 card you're bringing, and if it's for sale/trade, I'm even more interested. Sorry I won't be on hand for the weekend, but I'd love to know more.

      Thanks,
      Jack
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2013
        >> I'm losing track of the Corey's on the list!

        Corey C. is the Apple (and S-100) guy. Been here for a while now. Cory S. is the newb. :)
      • hornbetw
        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2013

          > On 05/17/2013 09:37 AM, corey986 wrote:
          > > One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
          > > early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
          >
          > Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date codes
          > are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed east. If you
          > don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check date codes...a DIP is
          > easy to drop in the mail.
          >
          > -Dave
          >
          > --
          > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          > New Kensington, PA

          I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used on the joystick port I think.

          Tom
          Message 4 of 7 , May 17, 2013
            On 05/17/2013 11:03 PM, hornbetw wrote:
            >>> One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
            >>> early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
            >>
            >> Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date
            >> codes are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed
            >> east. If you don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check
            >> date codes...a DIP is easy to drop in the mail.
            >>
            >> -Dave
            >>
            >> -- Dave McGuire, AK4HZ New Kensington, PA
            >>
            > I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used
            > on the joystick port I think.

            Ahhhh. Well he said A/D converter, and I know I have a bunch of Analog
            Devices AD558s...which, upon further thought, are D/A converters anyway, not
            A/D converters!

            At any rate, I do have one or two NE558, but I don't know offhand where
            they are at the moment. Sorry Cory!

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • corey986
            Message 5 of 7 , May 17, 2013
              I think your right. Next times need to pull my glasses out to read the letters on the chip or look at the schematic.

              When i was figuring out what i needed, I just put "558 IC" into my eBay app on my phone and got back it was something different than just a quad timer.

              I guess now I maybe able to find one with the correct date.

              Sometimes technology doesn't make it easier it creates work or confuses you.

              Thanks,
              Corey