Re: [midatlanticretro] FREE computer software books, etc.

  • Cory Smelosky
    Message 1 of 10 , May 17 12:02 PM
      On Fri, 17 May 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

      >>> AT&T Unix manuals
      >>
      >> For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm
      >
      >> not in NJ....
      >>

      > I can bring a copy of Sys V on Sat. for MARCH, or others if wanted...anyone?

      I'm not able to get to MARCH...could someone that IS going maybe scan them
      for bitsavers? Are they still AT&T copyrighted?

      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
      http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments
      Message 2 of 10 , May 17 12:40 PM
        On 05/17/2013 01:34 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
        >>> AT&T Unix manuals
        >

        >> I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip
        >> grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.
        >>

        > Dave,
        > I have a box of copies of the AT&T UNIX manuals, plus extra originals.
        > Next time you're passing through, or if I am in Pittsb...

        Cool! I'm interested in the originals. The *information* is out there,
        but original manuals (in those really nice AT&T binders) are really tough to
        come by. (which is why I nearly fell off my chair this morning at the
        mention of someone possibly trashing them)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Rolf Levenbach
        Message 3 of 10 , May 17 5:49 PM
          I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.
          Rolf

          On May 17, 2013, at 12:08 PM, rich_4_ever wrote:

          FREE

          Many free computer books, manuals, educational texts, magazines, software and (a little) hardware.

          Examples;

          Oracle 8 DBA course and other manuals.
          Informix 7 DBA manuals
          AT&T Unix manuals
          Various O'Reilly books
          Unix Expert magazines
          PC (DOS) games
          5.25" Floppies NIB
          Miscellaneous cables and small hardware
          MSDOS 6.2 Upgrade NIB

          Around five boxes of stuff in good condition. Pickup at my home only - no delivery.
          If interested I would like all this removed by Thursday, 23 May 2013 (recycling pickup is the next morning).

          Questions? Call me 908-202-3740
          Rich Skoba, South Plainfield, NJ.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 17 6:05 PM
            >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

            Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?
          • Rolf Levenbach
            Message 5 of 10 , May 18 10:05 AM

              On May 17, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

              Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?

              .
               I have some other plans this weekend, unfortunately. I'll try and make the next one.

              Rolf