Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff for trade tomorrow...

    Message 1 of 7 , May 17, 2013
      On 05/17/2013 09:37 AM, corey986 wrote:
      > One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
      > early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.

      Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date codes
      are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed east. If you
      don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check date codes...a DIP is
      easy to drop in the mail.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • jack99rubin
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2013

        > I still have to go though what I am bringing to trade or sale or whatever,
        >
        > But I expect to bring a bunch of s100 cards (I.e. disk controller, Winchester controller, static ram and stuff like that)
        >
        > But what I know I will bring is a 6502 S100 CPU card from 1975/76, hayes micro modem for apple II, misc apple II printer cards and a few other items like that. Basically I need to clear out some shelves of cards that are just sitting around doing nothing that I don't really need.
        >
        > One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Corey

        I'm losing track of the Corey's on the list! I'm very interested in learning more about the S100 6502 card you're bringing, and if it's for sale/trade, I'm even more interested. Sorry I won't be on hand for the weekend, but I'd love to know more.

        Thanks,
        Jack
        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2013
          >> I'm losing track of the Corey's on the list!

          Corey C. is the Apple (and S-100) guy. Been here for a while now. Cory S. is the newb. :)
        • hornbetw
          Message 4 of 7 , May 17, 2013

            > On 05/17/2013 09:37 AM, corey986 wrote:
            > > One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
            > > early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
            >
            > Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date codes
            > are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed east. If you
            > don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check date codes...a DIP is
            > easy to drop in the mail.
            >
            > -Dave
            >
            > --
            > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            > New Kensington, PA

            I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used on the joystick port I think.

            Tom
            Message 5 of 7 , May 17, 2013
              On 05/17/2013 11:03 PM, hornbetw wrote:
              >>> One thing I am looking for though is a 558 A/D converter chip with an
              >>> early 1978 date code or earlier for my rev 0 Apple II.
              >>
              >> Do you mean AD558? I have quite a few of those, dunno if their date
              >> codes are early enough for you. Sadly I think Dan has already headed
              >> east. If you don't end up finding one, let me know and I'll go check
              >> date codes...a DIP is easy to drop in the mail.
              >>
              >> -Dave
              >>
              >> -- Dave McGuire, AK4HZ New Kensington, PA
              >>
              > I think he's looking for an LM558. It's a dual (or quad) LM555 timer used
              > on the joystick port I think.

              Ahhhh. Well he said A/D converter, and I know I have a bunch of Analog
              Devices AD558s...which, upon further thought, are D/A converters anyway, not
              A/D converters!

              At any rate, I do have one or two NE558, but I don't know offhand where
              they are at the moment. Sorry Cory!

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • corey986
              Message 6 of 7 , May 17, 2013
                I think your right. Next times need to pull my glasses out to read the letters on the chip or look at the schematic.

                When i was figuring out what i needed, I just put "558 IC" into my eBay app on my phone and got back it was something different than just a quad timer.

                I guess now I maybe able to find one with the correct date.

                Sometimes technology doesn't make it easier it creates work or confuses you.

                Thanks,
                Corey