Re: [midatlanticretro] FREE computer software books, etc.

    Message 1 of 10 , May 17, 2013
      > > AT&T Unix manuals

      > I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip
      > grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.

      Dave,
      I have a box of copies of the AT&T UNIX manuals, plus extra originals.
      Next time you're passing through, or if I am in Pittsb...
      bd
      Message 2 of 10 , May 17, 2013
        > > AT&T Unix manuals
        >
        > For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm

        > not in NJ....

        I can bring a copy of Sys V on Sat. for MARCH, or others if wanted...anyone?
      • Cory Smelosky
        Message 3 of 10 , May 17, 2013
          On Fri, 17 May 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

          >>> AT&T Unix manuals
          >>
          >> For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm
          >
          >> not in NJ....
          >>

          > I can bring a copy of Sys V on Sat. for MARCH, or others if wanted...anyone?

          I'm not able to get to MARCH...could someone that IS going maybe scan them
          for bitsavers? Are they still AT&T copyrighted?

          Cory Smelosky
          http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
          http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments
          Message 4 of 10 , May 17, 2013
            On 05/17/2013 01:34 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
            >>> AT&T Unix manuals
            >

            >> I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip
            >> grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.
            >>

            > Dave,
            > I have a box of copies of the AT&T UNIX manuals, plus extra originals.
            > Next time you're passing through, or if I am in Pittsb...

            Cool! I'm interested in the originals. The *information* is out there,
            but original manuals (in those really nice AT&T binders) are really tough to
            come by. (which is why I nearly fell off my chair this morning at the
            mention of someone possibly trashing them)

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Rolf Levenbach
            Message 5 of 10 , May 17, 2013
              I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.
              Rolf

              On May 17, 2013, at 12:08 PM, rich_4_ever wrote:

              FREE

              Many free computer books, manuals, educational texts, magazines, software and (a little) hardware.

              Examples;

              Oracle 8 DBA course and other manuals.
              Informix 7 DBA manuals
              AT&T Unix manuals
              Various O'Reilly books
              Unix Expert magazines
              PC (DOS) games
              5.25" Floppies NIB
              Miscellaneous cables and small hardware
              MSDOS 6.2 Upgrade NIB

              Around five boxes of stuff in good condition. Pickup at my home only - no delivery.
              If interested I would like all this removed by Thursday, 23 May 2013 (recycling pickup is the next morning).

              Questions? Call me 908-202-3740
              Rich Skoba, South Plainfield, NJ.

              Message 6 of 10 , May 17, 2013
                >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

                Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?
              • Rolf Levenbach
                Message 7 of 10 , May 18, 2013

                  On May 17, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

                  Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?

                  .
                   I have some other plans this weekend, unfortunately. I'll try and make the next one.

                  Rolf