Re: [midatlanticretro] FREE computer software books, etc.

    Message 1 of 10 , May 17, 2013
      On 05/17/2013 12:08 PM, rich_4_ever wrote:
      > FREE
      >
      > Many free computer books, manuals, educational texts, magazines, software and (a little) hardware.
      >
      > Examples;
      >
      > Oracle 8 DBA course and other manuals.
      > Informix 7 DBA manuals
      > AT&T Unix manuals
      > Various O'Reilly books
      > Unix Expert magazines
      > PC (DOS) games
      > 5.25" Floppies NIB
      > Miscellaneous cables and small hardware
      > MSDOS 6.2 Upgrade NIB
      >
      > Around five boxes of stuff in good condition. Pickup at my home only - no delivery.
      > If interested I would like all this removed by Thursday, 23 May 2013 (recycling pickup is the next morning).
      >
      > Questions? Call me 908-202-3740
      > Rich Skoba, South Plainfield, NJ.

      I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip to
      grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Cory Smelosky
      Message 2 of 10 , May 17, 2013
        On Fri, 17 May 2013, rich_4_ever wrote:

        > FREE
        >
        > Many free computer books, manuals, educational texts, magazines, software and (a little) hardware.
        >
        > Examples;
        >
        > Oracle 8 DBA course and other manuals.
        > Informix 7 DBA manuals
        > AT&T Unix manuals

        For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm
        not in NJ....

        > Various O'Reilly books
        > Unix Expert magazines
        > PC (DOS) games
        > 5.25" Floppies NIB
        > Miscellaneous cables and small hardware
        > MSDOS 6.2 Upgrade NIB
        >
        > Around five boxes of stuff in good condition. Pickup at my home only - no delivery.
        > If interested I would like all this removed by Thursday, 23 May 2013 (recycling pickup is the next morning).
        >
        > Questions? Call me 908-202-3740
        > Rich Skoba, South Plainfield, NJ.

        Cory Smelosky
        http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
        http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments
        Message 3 of 10 , May 17, 2013
          > > AT&T Unix manuals

          > I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip
          > grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.

          Dave,
          I have a box of copies of the AT&T UNIX manuals, plus extra originals.
          Next time you're passing through, or if I am in Pittsb...
          bd
          Message 4 of 10 , May 17, 2013
            > > AT&T Unix manuals
            >
            > For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm

            > not in NJ....

            I can bring a copy of Sys V on Sat. for MARCH, or others if wanted...anyone?
          • Cory Smelosky
            Message 5 of 10 , May 17, 2013
              On Fri, 17 May 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

              >>> AT&T Unix manuals
              >>
              >> For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm
              >
              >> not in NJ....
              >>

              > I can bring a copy of Sys V on Sat. for MARCH, or others if wanted...anyone?

              I'm not able to get to MARCH...could someone that IS going maybe scan them
              for bitsavers? Are they still AT&T copyrighted?

              Message 6 of 10 , May 17, 2013
                On 05/17/2013 01:34 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                >>> AT&T Unix manuals
                >

                >> I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip
                >> grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.
                >>

                > Dave,
                > I have a box of copies of the AT&T UNIX manuals, plus extra originals.
                > Next time you're passing through, or if I am in Pittsb...

                Cool! I'm interested in the originals. The *information* is out there,
                but original manuals (in those really nice AT&T binders) are really tough to
                come by. (which is why I nearly fell off my chair this morning at the
                mention of someone possibly trashing them)

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • Rolf Levenbach

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 17, 2013
                    >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

                    Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?
                  • Rolf Levenbach
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 18, 2013

                      On May 17, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                      >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

                      Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?

                      .
                       I have some other plans this weekend, unfortunately. I'll try and make the next one.

                      Rolf