FREE computer software books, etc.

  • rich_4_ever
    Message 1 of 10 , May 17, 2013
      FREE

      Many free computer books, manuals, educational texts, magazines, software and (a little) hardware.

      Examples;

      Oracle 8 DBA course and other manuals.
      Informix 7 DBA manuals
      AT&T Unix manuals
      Various O'Reilly books
      Unix Expert magazines
      PC (DOS) games
      5.25" Floppies NIB
      Miscellaneous cables and small hardware
      MSDOS 6.2 Upgrade NIB

      Around five boxes of stuff in good condition. Pickup at my home only - no delivery.
      If interested I would like all this removed by Thursday, 23 May 2013 (recycling pickup is the next morning).

      Questions? Call me 908-202-3740
      Rich Skoba, South Plainfield, NJ.
      Message 2 of 10 , May 17, 2013
        On 05/17/2013 12:08 PM, rich_4_ever wrote:
        > FREE
        >
        > Many free computer books, manuals, educational texts, magazines, software and (a little) hardware.
        >
        > Examples;
        >
        > Oracle 8 DBA course and other manuals.
        > Informix 7 DBA manuals
        > AT&T Unix manuals
        > Various O'Reilly books
        > Unix Expert magazines
        > PC (DOS) games
        > 5.25" Floppies NIB
        > Miscellaneous cables and small hardware
        > MSDOS 6.2 Upgrade NIB
        >
        > Around five boxes of stuff in good condition. Pickup at my home only - no delivery.
        > If interested I would like all this removed by Thursday, 23 May 2013 (recycling pickup is the next morning).
        >
        > Questions? Call me 908-202-3740
        > Rich Skoba, South Plainfield, NJ.

        I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip to
        grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Cory Smelosky
        Message 3 of 10 , May 17, 2013
          On Fri, 17 May 2013, rich_4_ever wrote:

          > FREE
          >
          > Many free computer books, manuals, educational texts, magazines, software and (a little) hardware.
          >
          > Examples;
          >
          > Oracle 8 DBA course and other manuals.
          > Informix 7 DBA manuals
          > AT&T Unix manuals

          For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm
          not in NJ....

          > Various O'Reilly books
          > Unix Expert magazines
          > PC (DOS) games
          > 5.25" Floppies NIB
          > Miscellaneous cables and small hardware
          > MSDOS 6.2 Upgrade NIB
          >
          > Around five boxes of stuff in good condition. Pickup at my home only - no delivery.
          > If interested I would like all this removed by Thursday, 23 May 2013 (recycling pickup is the next morning).
          >
          > Questions? Call me 908-202-3740
          > Rich Skoba, South Plainfield, NJ.

          Cory Smelosky
          http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
          http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments
          Message 4 of 10 , May 17, 2013
            > > AT&T Unix manuals

            > I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip
            > grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.

            Dave,
            I have a box of copies of the AT&T UNIX manuals, plus extra originals.
            Next time you're passing through, or if I am in Pittsb...
            bd
            Message 5 of 10 , May 17, 2013
              > > AT&T Unix manuals
              >
              > For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm

              > not in NJ....

              I can bring a copy of Sys V on Sat. for MARCH, or others if wanted...anyone?
            • Cory Smelosky
              Message 6 of 10 , May 17, 2013
                On Fri, 17 May 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

                >>> AT&T Unix manuals
                >>
                >> For which AT&T UNIX? If it's SysV I could use those...unfortunately I'm
                >
                >> not in NJ....
                >>

                > I can bring a copy of Sys V on Sat. for MARCH, or others if wanted...anyone?

                I'm not able to get to MARCH...could someone that IS going maybe scan them
                for bitsavers? Are they still AT&T copyrighted?

                Message 7 of 10 , May 17, 2013
                  On 05/17/2013 01:34 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                  >>> AT&T Unix manuals
                  >

                  >> I'd love to have those AT&T UNIX manuals, if anyone is making a trip
                  >> grab any of this stuff. I can't make it out there anytime soon.
                  >>

                  > Dave,
                  > I have a box of copies of the AT&T UNIX manuals, plus extra originals.
                  > Next time you're passing through, or if I am in Pittsb...

                  Cool! I'm interested in the originals. The *information* is out there,
                  but original manuals (in those really nice AT&T binders) are really tough to
                  come by. (which is why I nearly fell off my chair this morning at the
                  mention of someone possibly trashing them)

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  New Kensington, PA
                • Rolf Levenbach

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 17, 2013
                      >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

                      Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?
                    • Rolf Levenbach
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 18, 2013

                        On May 17, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                        >> I can pick up some or all of this stuff (I live in Middlesex). I'll call tomorrow.

                        Hi Rolf. We haven't seen you in a while. Can you attend our workshop this weekend?

                        .
                         I have some other plans this weekend, unfortunately. I'll try and make the next one.

                        Rolf