Re: For Sale: a real computerized flight simulator

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 18 , May 17, 2013

      > >> I guess Evan is saying he's authorized to work this during the weekend.
      >
      > Not quite; I simply promised the radio club guy (Ray Chase) that I'd let MARCHins know of its availability. Happy to send you his contact info in a private message.

      I (Herb) saw this item a year ago, so I have some idea of what's in it. I made BRIEF phone contact with Mr. Chase this morning.

      Quoting him: "Nothing is going to happen in the next 30 days." That answers my question above, and resolves it for the weekend. I've provided Evan with more details. Ray said it's InfoAge property and "they" would have to decide what to do and a value if sold.

      The discussion of aircraft avionics is now off-topic. So I'm reluctant to describe it further, but Ray and I agreed it's "a dashboard without the car". He said it was an instrument and navigation simulator, with most instruments just the panels (knobs and meters only) with a very simple "chart" output. It's not an amusement park ride, simply put. That answers the "flight simulator" considerations.

      But "in principle", some of those simulated instruments are still in use today. That responds to the now-off-topic discussions.

      I'll meet with Mr Chase in due course, not this weekend, to see what's up.

      Herb Johnson
    • Martin A Flynn
      Message 2 of 18 , May 17, 2013
        On 5/16/2013 12:39 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > InfoAge has a civilian flight simulator -- a real one! And it's for sale. It's not complete, but enough is there that it could be made to work. On the inside is an MAI Basic Four and one unknown computer.
        >
        > Someone from NJARC said he vaguely recalled an unknown MARCHin previously asking if it's for sale.
        >
        > Now it is. If anyone is seriously interested (vs. just oggling) then I can show you during the workshop.
        Evan,
        Perhaps taking pictures and information on one of the websites would
        increase the exposure (and the potential sale price)

        Failing that, the Civil Air Patrol has a unit in Lakewood that might be
        interested:

        Pineland Composite Squadron
        Lakewood Airport, 1900 Cedar Bridge Ave, Lakewood, NJ 08701
        Contact: Capt Michael Sylvester
        Email: michael.sylvester@...
        Phone: (609) 234-0791

        LAKEWOOD AIRPORT