Re: So good news and change of project for this weekend for me

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2013

      > So today at InfoAge I decided to look at the Sol-20 systems and try to get one running.....

      > Then on to the keyboard. Now Sol-20 systems use a keytronic capacitance system where there is foam and an insulator that form a capacitor when you press on a key. The foam deteriorates or disconnects from the top insulator.....
      >
      > Now I know you can make new ones, or take them from a sun type-4 keyboard. I actually bought my set on eBay for my Sol-20. For now I want to just get this system working for MARCH.
      >
      > So Saturday will be spent fixing the keyboard, cleaning the machine up, calibrating the cassette interface. This working unit will also get the signed part from Lee F.
      >
      > Corey

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/sol_keys.html
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=333

      Woodland Scenics 5mm foam
      dollar store aluminumized Mylar oR space blanket
      7/16" punch from Harbor Freight or
      Stanley Grommet Kit of 1/2" (12mm) punch

      courtesy of Herb and Bill show

      Herb Johnson
      kudos to Bill "da Fonz" Degnan