low tech: a cake celebrates old skool video games

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013
      http://feeds.boingboing.net/~r/boingboing/iBag/~3/JfwFnmNI97A/story01.htm
      http://boingboing.net/?p=230358

      This amazing retro-gamer wedding cake was made by Wedding Cakes By Nicole of Bunbury, Australia. The cake pays homage to many of the arcade greats:

      I created a 3 tier square cake, with each of the sides representing a popular retro platform game. Topped off with a game off Pong, with the score depicting Stephen's "30" years. The board had a joystick, buttons and coin slot. Pacman (my favourite), Donkey Kong, Frogger & Tetris

      Dimity asked me to create a cake for her Fiance, Stephen, who loves "old school" computer games.