Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Talking about Evan's Ubuntu

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 11:47 AM
      Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."

      Flame on!

      Jonathan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 11:49 AM
        On 05/15/2013 02:47 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
        > Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."
        >
        > Flame on!

        ROFL!!

        I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
        "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".

        (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Cory Smelosky
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15 11:55 AM
          On 15 May 2013, at 14:49, "Dave McGuire" <Mcguire@...> wrote:

          > On 05/15/2013 02:47 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
          >> Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."
          >>
          >> Flame on!
          >
          > ROFL!!
          >
          > I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
          > "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".

          I'm amazed they STILL use Unity. PROGMAN.EXE is far better!

          > (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)

          That means you missed the amazon search in the searchbox debacle and the not paying royalties on the ubuntu store or whatever it was!

          Message 4 of 6 , May 15 12:00 PM
            On 05/15/2013 02:55 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
            >>> Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."
            >>>
            >>> Flame on!
            >>
            >> ROFL!!
            >>
            >> I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
            >> "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".
            >
            > I'm amazed they STILL use Unity. PROGMAN.EXE is far better!

            Yep. Disto suicide.

            >> (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)
            >
            > That means you missed the amazon search in the searchbox debacle and the not paying royalties on the ubuntu store or whatever it was!

            Yep. If I wanted Windows, I know where to find it.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Cory Smelosky
            Message 5 of 6 , May 15 12:03 PM
              On 15 May 2013, at 15:00, "Dave McGuire" <Mcguire@...> wrote:

              >>> ROFL!!
              >>>
              >>> I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
              >>> "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".
              >>
              >> I'm amazed they STILL use Unity. PROGMAN.EXE is far better!
              >
              > Yep. Disto suicide.

              Precisely!

              >>> (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)
              >>
              >> That means you missed the amazon search in the searchbox debacle and the not paying royalties on the ubuntu store or whatever it was!
              >
              > Yep. If I wanted Windows, I know where to find it.

              Yup. There's a reason if I use windows it's not newer than NT 4, too. ;)