OT: Talking about Evan's Ubuntu

    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 11:01 AM
      -------- Original Message --------

      in terms of vulnerable Flash, Java, etc. which are increasingly popular
      targets for t3h h4x0rz.

      > > I wonder what actually did happen to Evan's setup.
      > >
      > I've put my two cents in. Web mail hijacking, especially if he uses Gmail
      as a frontend, seems like a good possibility, but only if he uses web mail
      as a frontend for his personal mail (which I don't know and am not going to
      pry).

      > - Dave

    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 11:47 AM
        Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."

        Flame on!

        Jonathan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15 11:49 AM
          On 05/15/2013 02:47 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
          > Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."
          >
          > Flame on!

          ROFL!!

          I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
          "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".

          (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Cory Smelosky
          Message 4 of 6 , May 15 11:55 AM
            On 15 May 2013, at 14:49, "Dave McGuire" <Mcguire@...> wrote:

            > On 05/15/2013 02:47 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
            >> Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."
            >>
            >> Flame on!
            >
            > ROFL!!
            >
            > I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
            > "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".

            I'm amazed they STILL use Unity. PROGMAN.EXE is far better!

            > (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)

            That means you missed the amazon search in the searchbox debacle and the not paying royalties on the ubuntu store or whatever it was!

            Message 5 of 6 , May 15 12:00 PM
              On 05/15/2013 02:55 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
              >>> Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "can't install Debian."
              >>>
              >>> Flame on!
              >>
              >> ROFL!!
              >>
              >> I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
              >> "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".
              >
              > I'm amazed they STILL use Unity. PROGMAN.EXE is far better!

              Yep. Disto suicide.

              >> (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)
              >
              > That means you missed the amazon search in the searchbox debacle and the not paying royalties on the ubuntu store or whatever it was!

              Yep. If I wanted Windows, I know where to find it.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • Cory Smelosky
              Message 6 of 6 , May 15 12:03 PM
                On 15 May 2013, at 15:00, "Dave McGuire" <Mcguire@...> wrote:

                >>> ROFL!!
                >>>
                >>> I thought its actual meaning was somewhere between "distro suicide" and
                >>> "hasn't figured out how to download Mint yet".
                >>
                >> I'm amazed they STILL use Unity. PROGMAN.EXE is far better!
                >
                > Yep. Disto suicide.

                Precisely!

                >>> (I jumped ship to Mint after the Unity disaster)
                >>
                >> That means you missed the amazon search in the searchbox debacle and the not paying royalties on the ubuntu store or whatever it was!
                >
                > Yep. If I wanted Windows, I know where to find it.

                Yup. There's a reason if I use windows it's not newer than NT 4, too. ;)