Hardware available

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      I saw in the virtual swap meet that someone wants an ADM terminal. I
      have an ADM 3A, in the original packaging, available - free - to a
      good home. You must pick it up in northwest Connecticut.

      I'm looking for early portable computers (non-DOS).

      For my Seattle Gazelle: an S-100 ethernet card (wouldn't that be cool?
      must have DOS packet driver, etc.), an S-100 SCSI controller (with DOS
      driver), and an S-100 floppy controller for 5-1/4" drives. I'm not
      sure if the Gazelle would need a driver for such a card or if the DOS
      2.0 I have would recognize it. [For that matter I'm not sure if I can
      still get the Gazelle to boot at all.]

      An MSX computer with software, preferably the Sony with the music
      keyboard.

      Jim
    • Evan

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2005
          Evan,

          I'm pretty flush with HP stuff (71B, 75A/C, 110, 110+, HPIP diskdrive,
          printer, tape drive, etc.). I'm looking for more unusual stuff like Epson or
          NEC. For instance, NEC made a unit similar to the Tandy M200 that ran CP/M.
          There were other manufacturers that I can't think of off hand like one that
          used bubble memory... Most of these companies died after producing only a few
          units, so these units can be pretty rare.

          Also accessories for the Radio Shack M100...

          Jim

          --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
          > Jim, what specifically are you looking for in portable computers? I
          > recently sold an HP-110, wish you'd asked sooner!
          >
          > _____

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2005
            I have a "Financial Management Analysis, ver. 4" chip for my Model 100, it's from a company called FIPSCO and has a 1985 copyright.  You're welcome to take it (LOL, the chip that is, not the Model 100)...

            Where in the world (or the mid-Atlantic region) are you located?

            --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

            Jim, what specifically are you looking for in portable computers?  I
            > recently sold an HP-110, wish you'd asked sooner!
            >
            >   _____

            Jim

            >   _____

            > *      To unsubscribe from this
            group, send an email to:

            > *      Your use
            of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
            > <

          • Ray Sills
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 19, 2005
              Hi Evan:

              I have a Tandy 102 (pretty much the same as the 100). I haven't used
              it very much, so I wasn't aware that you could add a chip for adding a
              new app. Is it a real chip level thing (soldering, etc) or does an
              item like that plug in somewhere, like an external cartridge for the
              C-64?

              73 de Ray
              K2ULR
              FN20tl

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 19, 2005
                Ray,

                The Tandy M100/102 had an option ROM socket for just this purpose. The chip
                had to be in a carrier to fit (just to maintain the proprietary nature). The
                original M100 came with 8K RAM and RS would sell you three 8K RAM modules to
                expand to the max of 32K. The M102 just came with 32K. The other 32K of the
                address space was for the option ROM.

                Jim

                --- Ray Sills <raysills@...> wrote:
                > Hi Evan:
                >
                > I have a Tandy 102 (pretty much the same as the 100). I haven't used
                > it very much, so I wasn't aware that you could add a chip for adding a
                > new app. Is it a real chip level thing (soldering, etc) or does an
                > item like that plug in somewhere, like an external cartridge for the
                > C-64?
                >
                > 73 de Ray
                > K2ULR
                > FN20tl
                > On Apr 19, 2005, at 5:31 PM, Evan wrote:
                >
                > > I have a "Financial Management Analysis, ver. 4" chip for my Model
                > > 100, it's from a company called FIPSCO and has a 1985 copyright.�
                > > You're welcome to take it (LOL, the chip that is, not the Model
                > > 100)...
                > > �
                > > Where in the world (or the mid-Atlantic region) are you located?

              • Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 12, 2011
                  I'll be bringing some surplus hardware to VCF, some of which I would
                  like to sell (or trade for), some I am just going to give away. To start
                  the ball rolling, I have a Houston Instruments DMP-29 flatbed pen plotter.
                  Good physical condition, operating condition unknown. If anyone is
                  interested in it, drop me a line and convince me why you should have it.
                  :-)

                  Some items on my Wanted list are at the bottom of my Oldtech page.

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...