Who needs DEC RL02 drives?

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15 5:38 AM
      Does anyone need an RL02 or two? I've got a couple, removed from service in good condition, heads parked before they were moved, and pretty clean - no reason why they shouldn't work. Asking $75 each.

      Also have recently tested, heads cleaned, fully working drives - $150.

      I also have rack rails.

      Everyone needs an RL02 in their lives. If you do DEC stuff, this is the drive you want. The controllers are fairly easy to get, the packs aren't too hard to find, and the drives are reliable. And they store TEN MEGABYTES! What are you ever going to do with all that space? They're portable! (for various values of portable). They make wonderful pets. Two of 'em make a great end table. Just think how your life has been empty and devoid of an RL02 until now.

      Anyone interested? Let me know!

      -Ian
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15 5:47 AM
        >> Everyone needs an RL02 in their lives. If you do DEC stuff, this is the drive you want. The controllers are fairly easy to get, the packs aren't too hard to find, and the drives are reliable. And they store TEN MEGABYTES! What are you ever going to do with all that space? They're portable! (for various values of portable). They make wonderful pets. Two of 'em make a great end table. Just think how your life has been empty and devoid of an RL02 until now.

        ...Best post this month.
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16 5:23 PM

          On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> wrote:
          Does anyone need an RL02 or two? I've got a couple, removed from service in good condition, heads parked before they were moved, and pretty clean - no reason why they shouldn't work. Asking $75 each.

          Also have recently tested, heads cleaned, fully working drives - $150.

          Ian,

          sent you email offline about the RL02's

          Dan