Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF Fix it weekend

    Message 1 of 18 , May 14, 2013
      > OK, I challenge Bill to a Mac-Krack Claymation Deathmatch! We each get six compact Macs and a Torx T15 tipped six-inch tool - and bare hands otherwise. First to open up their six gets to make the loser wear the back half of a Mac on their head! The winner gets to gloat and stomp around! Then we both look inside MARCH's Macs and count capacitors, or otherwise assess what might be wrong. Tag 'em and put them back in the Warehouse with the Ark of the Covenant.
      >
      > Are we ON?!?!?! Ya goin' DOWN, Degnan!
      >
      > Herb "Mad Macs" Johnson

      Sounds good to me.

      Jeff B. don't need no stinkin' tools. The man is a black belt in
      Taekwondo. He's the Chuck Norris of MARCH.
    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 18 , May 14, 2013
        --- On Tue, 5/14/13, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > I never needed a cracking tool.  I just hit the pinball
        > machine and said
        > "Ayyyy"
        >
        > But I did take the SE 30 I was working on to Sears and stuck
        > torx
        > screwdrivers into the slots until I found the one that
        > worked.  $5-10
        > maybe.

        I never had or needed a cracking tool either. A little bang on the side, they pop right open.

        I can also open a Macintosh without a long Torx driver. ;)

        -Ian