Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF Fix it weekend

    Message 1 of 18 , May 14, 2013
      >> All of our toaster Macs are in one place,
      >
      > "Compact Macs" or "9-inch Macs" is/was the term of choice for small CRT Macs from the 128K to the Classic II, and Color Classic. NOt sure of the scope of "toaster Macs".
      >
      > Herb

      Same meaning -- the all-in-one units before they become more PC-like
      with separated monitors.
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 18 , May 14, 2013

        > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@>
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I still need a case cracking tool to open up the thing.
        > >
        > > I will try to bring a long Torx T15 tool. YOu can buy those tools at
        > Sears for under $10 -
        > >

        > I never needed a cracking tool. I just hit the pinball machine and said
        > "Ayyyy"

        OK, I challenge Bill to a Mac-Krack Claymation Deathmatch! We each get six compact Macs and a Torx T15 tipped six-inch tool - and bare hands otherwise. First to open up their six gets to make the loser wear the back half of a Mac on their head! The winner gets to gloat and stomp around! Then we both look inside MARCH's Macs and count capacitors, or otherwise assess what might be wrong. Tag 'em and put them back in the Warehouse with the Ark of the Covenant.

        Are we ON?!?!?! Ya goin' DOWN, Degnan!

        Herb "Mad Macs" Johnson
        Message 3 of 18 , May 14, 2013
          > OK, I challenge Bill to a Mac-Krack Claymation Deathmatch! We each get six compact Macs and a Torx T15 tipped six-inch tool - and bare hands otherwise. First to open up their six gets to make the loser wear the back half of a Mac on their head! The winner gets to gloat and stomp around! Then we both look inside MARCH's Macs and count capacitors, or otherwise assess what might be wrong. Tag 'em and put them back in the Warehouse with the Ark of the Covenant.
          >
          > Are we ON?!?!?! Ya goin' DOWN, Degnan!
          >
          > Herb "Mad Macs" Johnson

          Sounds good to me.

          Jeff B. don't need no stinkin' tools. The man is a black belt in
          Taekwondo. He's the Chuck Norris of MARCH.
        • Mr Ian Primus
          Message 4 of 18 , May 14, 2013
            --- On Tue, 5/14/13, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

            > I never needed a cracking tool.  I just hit the pinball
            > machine and said
            > "Ayyyy"
            >
            > But I did take the SE 30 I was working on to Sears and stuck
            > torx
            > screwdrivers into the slots until I found the one that
            > worked.  $5-10
            > maybe.

            I never had or needed a cracking tool either. A little bang on the side, they pop right open.

            I can also open a Macintosh without a long Torx driver. ;)

            -Ian