MARCH storage access during workshop

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013
      Everyone,

      Because this weekend's event is open to the public (even though I have no idea how many, or even if any, non-MARCHins will attend), general access to our storage building will be limited. Jeff J. will serve as runner for any parts, etc. that are needed.

      However, I will be glad to lead * small groups * of "known MARCHins" on warehouse tours. This way, our veteran members can get a firsthand look at what we've been doing with YOUR collection and money.

      We won't let anyone off the street into the warehouse. While I love showing off our collection, there is some degree of liability and security to consider.

      The state of our warehouse has come a very long way since our last event (Festivus) six months ago. At the time, maybe 25% of it was organized. Now, the vast majority is organized. Jeff B. and I were marveling about it last Sunday. You can look down an aisle of storage racks and see very little "stuff" in the way. It is a beautiful sight! Almost everything that we own now has its proper place.

      Stage two, someday in the nebulous future, will be detail work. For example, we know all the Commodore power supplies are in the vicinity of a half-dozen racks of "Commodore parts" ... that's a great start but you'd still have to hunt. The progress is the size of the hunting area. :) Need a (fill in the blank) for an Altair? S-100 stuff is on that other rack -- but that's as close as I can identify it.

      So there will probably be a stage 1.5, in which we label the racks and wheel them around until they're in some kind of logical order.