re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IMSAI 8080

    Message 1 of 61 , May 13, 2013
      > > I finally got the IMSAI cleaned up and powered up successfully.
      Currently I have it running with the front panel, CPU and one memory board.
      I can successfully deposit and examine data in RAM using the front panel.
      One thing I have noticed is that the front panel does not behave exactly
      like the manual says. For example when pushing the Examine button up it
      should display memory and not increment the address but in my case both
      Examine and Examine Next increment the address. Could this be because it's
      a Z80 instead of an 8080?

      > > I also tried out the SMB card but I get a high current condition when I
      turn on the unit with the board installed (have it going through a dim-bulb
      variac) so I am going to need to troubleshoot that next.

      I like the H-19 terminal too.
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan