RE: [midatlanticretro] MARCH Repair Weekend - VAXstation 3100 PSU ?

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2013
      David Comley <david_comley@...> writes:

      >Does anyone have a power supply for a VAXstation 3100 they want to part with ?
      >I'll be bringing a unit with me that has a bad PSU. I have not opened it up to
      >do any faultfinding on it and I'd prefer to do a component level repair anyway

      What model?

      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2013
        > Does anyone have a power supply for a VAXstation 3100 they want to part with ? I'll be bringing a unit with me that has a bad PSU. I have not opened it up to do any faultfinding on it and I'd prefer to do a component level repair anyway - but I'm posting a request on the off-chance that someone might have one looking for a home.

        At the least, you're welcome to borrow a 3100 from MARCH to use for
        diagnostic purposes.
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2013
          Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

          >At the least, you're welcome to borrow a 3100 from MARCH to use for
          >diagnostic purposes.

          Still, depends on the model.

        • David Comley
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13, 2013
            Brian,

            Model 30. But actually - when I checked it just now it powered up ok but failed on the SCSI self test.

            Probably not a PSU error. So - request cancelled !

            -David