MARCH Repair Weekend - VAXstation 3100 PSU ?

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13 1:31 PM
      Does anyone have a power supply for a VAXstation 3100 they want to part with ? I'll be bringing a unit with me that has a bad PSU. I have not opened it up to do any faultfinding on it and I'd prefer to do a component level repair anyway - but I'm posting a request on the off-chance that someone might have one looking for a home.

      -Dave
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13 1:37 PM
        David Comley <david_comley@...> writes:

        >Does anyone have a power supply for a VAXstation 3100 they want to part with ?
        >I'll be bringing a unit with me that has a bad PSU. I have not opened it up to
        >do any faultfinding on it and I'd prefer to do a component level repair anyway

        What model?

        Message 3 of 5 , May 13 2:18 PM
          > Does anyone have a power supply for a VAXstation 3100 they want to part with ? I'll be bringing a unit with me that has a bad PSU. I have not opened it up to do any faultfinding on it and I'd prefer to do a component level repair anyway - but I'm posting a request on the off-chance that someone might have one looking for a home.

          At the least, you're welcome to borrow a 3100 from MARCH to use for
          diagnostic purposes.
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13 2:28 PM
            Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

            >At the least, you're welcome to borrow a 3100 from MARCH to use for
            >diagnostic purposes.

            Still, depends on the model.

          • David Comley
            Message 5 of 5 , May 13 5:31 PM
              Brian,

              Model 30. But actually - when I checked it just now it powered up ok but failed on the SCSI self test.

              Probably not a PSU error. So - request cancelled !

              -David