Re: Old apple computer

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2013

      "Evan Koblentz" wrote:

      > Hello again,
      >
      > The SE version has some collectible value. .. $50-$500 for it, depending on condition (does it work, have the boxes and manuals, etc.)
      >
      > The PowerMac doesn't have much collectible value.

      Judy, you are welcome to contact me off this discussion list by direct email and ask for assistance. I deal in older Macs. While I won't make you an offer I can give a little more guidance.

      There are many owners of older Macs, who are not "collecting", they simply want to continue to USE their Macs. Chances are, unless you have a bunch of "original" boxes and accessories, these are not particularly "collectable" but they or their parts are usable.

      The SE "superdrive" is a little more desirable than the SE. The 5260 is a huge "all in one" (includes 15-inch color CRT) which is very hard to ship and VERY fragile, but some people want parts for them.

      That's the sort of advice I'd offer. It's a little off-topic to discuss these sorts of things in detail on-list. But I'm glad to note in "public" that vintage Macs are not just "collectables".

      herb johnson
      retrotechnology.com