Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCHins ... get ready for influx of newb questions...

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2013
      --- On Mon, 5/13/13, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      > I have one of the first models but I am not sure
      > what year it was
      > out on the market but my guess from doing research on the
      > net that it is a 1993 computer."
      >
      > Hey, they were only off in their research by 17 years. :)

      As a side note, what is it about computers that makes people forget that they've been around for a long time? Nobody tries to sell a 1972 Ford Galaxie by saying that it's "One of the first cars". It's as if people's perception is that computers suddenly appeared about 1992 and they had never existed before.

      -Ian
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2013
        This has pretty much reflected in craigslist postings..

        I see things that were once $10, being offered for $250 to $1000.

        Then the next week $50 less and so on and so on.

        I have a little app on my phone with searches and I read them.

        Some of them are hilarious, like the person who put some DIMMs in a frame and wanted to sell them to collectors.

        I can't wait for it to die down...
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13, 2013
          >> Some of them are hilarious, like the person who put some DIMMs in a frame and wanted to sell them to collectors.

          They were DIMM-witted!
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 7 , May 13, 2013
            >> Some of them are hilarious, like the person who put some DIMMs in a frame and wanted to sell them to collectors.
            >They were DIMM-witted!

            Here, enjoy

            http://cnj.craigslist.org/art/3715597413.html