Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCHins ... get ready for influx of newb questions...

    Message 1 of 7 , May 13 10:24 AM
      >> I'd gladly pay something like $50-100 to keep an SE or SE/30 from hitting the landfill,

      I suggest emailing her directly.
    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13 10:46 AM
        --- On Mon, 5/13/13, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        > I have one of the first models but I am not sure
        > what year it was
        > out on the market but my guess from doing research on the
        > net that it is a 1993 computer."
        >
        > Hey, they were only off in their research by 17 years. :)

        As a side note, what is it about computers that makes people forget that they've been around for a long time? Nobody tries to sell a 1972 Ford Galaxie by saying that it's "One of the first cars". It's as if people's perception is that computers suddenly appeared about 1992 and they had never existed before.

        -Ian
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13 11:46 AM
          This has pretty much reflected in craigslist postings..

          I see things that were once $10, being offered for $250 to $1000.

          Then the next week $50 less and so on and so on.

          I have a little app on my phone with searches and I read them.

          Some of them are hilarious, like the person who put some DIMMs in a frame and wanted to sell them to collectors.

          I can't wait for it to die down...
          Message 4 of 7 , May 13 11:51 AM
            >> Some of them are hilarious, like the person who put some DIMMs in a frame and wanted to sell them to collectors.

            They were DIMM-witted!
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13 12:12 PM
              >> Some of them are hilarious, like the person who put some DIMMs in a frame and wanted to sell them to collectors.
              >They were DIMM-witted!

              Here, enjoy

              http://cnj.craigslist.org/art/3715597413.html