Re: [midatlanticretro] Old apple computer

    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2013
      Hello again,

      The SE version has some collectible value. I'd advise you to sell it on eBay. If it works, then you could probably get $50-$500 for it, depending on condition (does it work, have the boxes and manuals, etc.)

      The best way to determine value is to search there for similar models and see what people are paying for them. Remember that condition is very important.

      The PowerMac doesn't have much collectible value.

      From: Judy Eikstadt <ruhmer@...>
      Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:44:55 -0700 (PDT)
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Old apple computer

      Oneis a macintosh SE  Superdrive Model M5011,,,another is a Power Macintosh  5260/100   and I have another one also.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2013

        "Evan Koblentz" wrote:

        > Hello again,
        >
        > The SE version has some collectible value. .. $50-$500 for it, depending on condition (does it work, have the boxes and manuals, etc.)
        >
        > The PowerMac doesn't have much collectible value.

        Judy, you are welcome to contact me off this discussion list by direct email and ask for assistance. I deal in older Macs. While I won't make you an offer I can give a little more guidance.

        There are many owners of older Macs, who are not "collecting", they simply want to continue to USE their Macs. Chances are, unless you have a bunch of "original" boxes and accessories, these are not particularly "collectable" but they or their parts are usable.

        The SE "superdrive" is a little more desirable than the SE. The 5260 is a huge "all in one" (includes 15-inch color CRT) which is very hard to ship and VERY fragile, but some people want parts for them.

        That's the sort of advice I'd offer. It's a little off-topic to discuss these sorts of things in detail on-list. But I'm glad to note in "public" that vintage Macs are not just "collectables".

        herb johnson
        retrotechnology.com