Re: Anyone have a Northstar DOS 5 1/4 boot disk for a Sol or Cutter setup

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2013

      > I need a copy or does anyone know how I can bootstrap my Sol-20 with the northstar controller over serial and make a disk? I know if I had an actual Northstar system I know you can do that.
      >
      > Best case would be If someone can make me a boot disk compatible with the Sol I can send you a hard sector 5 1/4 disk.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Corey

      From the 2012 MARCH Fix-it event:

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/marchfixit5_12.html

      Look at the description of Bill Sudbrink's SOL. He had a working SOL complete with Northstar brand floppy controller.

      Herb
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2013
        Herb,
        Do you still have a copy of the disk? If its for a single density setup, can you make a copy for the event next week and I'll give you a brand new hard sector single density 5 1/4? Or are you setup to make a disk image I can use with Dave Dunfield's NST transfer utility?

        Thanks,
        Corey