Re: [midatlanticretro] Equipment for next weekend

  • Vince Fleming
    Message 1 of 9 , May 12, 2013
      I have some spare cables like that.   I had more, but sadly, recently threw them out. :(.  Just ribbon cables?   I also have a fast/wide 50-pin (not centronics) cable.   I should be able to bring them next week.

      Vince

      Sent from my iPad - please excuse spelling errors

      On May 11, 2013, at 3:02 PM, "tedheadster" <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

      Does anybody have 50 and 40 pin ribbon cables? I'm looking for a few short ones, to connect Unibus/Q-Bus boards together (UDA50, KDA50, and DEUNA).  I got the boards off Ebay, but of course they lack the connecting cables.

      I think a standard SCSI cable will work for the 50 pin, but 40 pin IDE cables usually have one lead missing to make sure you don't plug them in backwards.

      Alternately, anybody know how to make ribbon cables? Is there a tool, or do you just squeeze them together?

      - Matthew

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 9 , May 12, 2013
        From: B Degnan

        >There are past threads about what to and not to bring to workshop ... I
        >will not rehash all that but I do suggest anyone who is interested to
        >search our archives for the term "workshop".

        Why not consolidate the discussion into a list and put it on some web site
        somewhere. I wonder which web site we could put it on. Something vintage
        computers or something. It would make it easier to just point to a link
        rather than search through threads for every workshop for the last 5 years!

        Jeff B
        Message 3 of 9 , May 12, 2013
          In brief: everyone should bring tools, supplies, power strips, and snacks for El Prezidente. :)