Re: [midatlanticretro] Swap Thread

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 8 , May 11, 2013
      Could be. I have one that I've never used, for want of a disk pack for it.

      BTW I have some power supply caps for your BBC Model B, the X2 rated ones that are known for failing, if you want them. I picked up a model B while I was in the UK a couple of weeks back and I plan on bringing it next weekend to swap out those capacitors and maybe do a little retro-brite on the case.

      -Dave

      Brought to you by the miracle of mobile personal computing.

      On May 11, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> wrote:

      I'm doing some thinning of the herd and intend to bring some RL02 drives. Anyone interested? Let me know - these are heavy. Heh.

      -Ian

      Message 2 of 8 , May 11, 2013
        On 05/11/2013 06:50 AM, Mr Ian Primus wrote:
        > I'm doing some thinning of the herd and intend to bring some RL02 drives.
        > Anyone interested? Let me know - these are heavy. Heh.

        RL02s? Heavy??

        Name one other 14"-platter removable drive that a single person can lift
        and move around. ;) (RL01 doesn't count! ;))

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • s100doctor
        Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2013

          > > I have TRS-80 model III parts.
          > > An HP 98xx (forget the exact model).
          > > A couple of clone XTs.
          > >

          > > and for the OTish crowd:
          > > A complete PS/2 Model 30 of some ilk.
          > > I have shelves full of various disk drives from floppy drives up to 50 GB
          > SCSI drives if anyone needs them. IDE drives from 100MEG to 40Gig.
          > >
          > > Kelly

          Bill Degnan reposted this remark by "Kelly" so I don't know the details. I have need for SCSI hard drives in quantity, so "Kelly" please contact me with specifics care of my "retrotechnology.com" Web pages. Even a few hundred MB is fine. "Apple" brand prefered. Power them up and see if they don't sound like a jet engine taking off. SCSI-1, 4-inch wide please. But contact me to know what I'm looking for,. this is not the forum for such details.

          Herb Johnson
          retrotechnology.com

          Herb
        • s100doctor
          Message 4 of 8 , May 12, 2013
            I need to repair a tektronix 475 portable oscilloscope. Anyone have one with a good CRT to offer, to bring to Infoage next weekend? Or ship...? This one was sold to me with a physically damaged CRT.

            herb
          • Martin A Flynn
            Message 5 of 8 , May 12, 2013
              Herb,
              As a side note,  I'm pretty sure you are looking for Tektronix part number 154-0677-10

              Martin

              Message 6 of 8 , May 12, 2013
                On 05/12/2013 03:56 PM, s100doctor wrote:
                > I need to repair a tektronix 475 portable oscilloscope. Anyone have one
                > with a good CRT to offer, to bring to Infoage next weekend? Or ship...?
                > This one was sold to me with a physically damaged CRT.

                I have a 465 that's in very bad shape, really physically beat up. (no, I
                didn't do it!) It's yours if you want it. I doubt I'll be able to make it
                next weekend, but I'm still holding out some sort of hope.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ