Re: What's "portable"

  • m
    Message 1 of 11 , May 11, 2013
      > >> So, what's keeping you from finishing it?
      > I'm lazy.

      I would suspect you're probably being a perfectionist about it.
      How many pages do you have so far? How fleshed out is it?
      What's missing?

      Have you recently sought feedback about your manuscript as it currently stands?

      We need the first MARCH-Press book to come out already!

      :)

      --
      MS
      Message 2 of 11 , May 11, 2013
        >> I would suspect you're probably being a perfectionist about it.

        No other way is acceptable to me.

        >> How many pages do you have so far? How fleshed out is it?

        The initial manuscript is about 75% done.

        >> What's missing?

        Oh man. I have to do tons and tons of rewriting and self-editing. What I have currently is information. I have to put a lot of work into making it into a story.

        >> Have you recently sought feedback about your manuscript as it currently stands?

        Yes, from selected historians and writers whom I deeply trust. I've only shown tiny parts to general readers. It's not ready.

        >> We need the first MARCH-Press book to come out already!

        I hope to publish this someplace mainstream, but it will probably go through a university press. I've had initial conversations with MIT and Rutgers.

        I'm already thinking about ideas for my next book! It would be a new twist (which I can't yet reveal, lest someone swipe the idea) on the established story of the homebrew computing generation.
      • Wesley Furr